Sexual Abuse is when a child or adult is forced or persuaded to take part in sexual activities.
It doesn't have to be physical contact and it can happen online. Sometimes the childor adult won't understand that what's happening to them is abuse.
- sexual abuse can happen to both girls and boys, men and women.
- someone could be sexually abused by a boyfriend or girlfriend, someone you love and care for, and even someone you don't know.
- someone could be sexually abused by a person of the same sex
- sexual abuse isn’t always ‘full sex’ – it can also include touching, kissing, oral sex or anything sexual
- sexual abuse can happen online as well as offline
- you're not alone and there are people who can help you